AST Digital Magazine July/August 2016 - Page 13

Volume 6 Syrian Suicide Bomber in Germany, Pledged Allegiance to ISIS Chief By FoxNews.com July-Aug 2016 Edition Herrmann said bomb-making material and a series of violent videos on storage devices turned up at the unnamed attacker’s home. Government officials had ordered to deport the man not once, but twice. He was most recently told July 13 that he would be deported to Bulgaria, spokesman for Germany’s interior ministry Tobias Plate told reporters. He said the first deportation notice was issued on Dec. 22, 2014. Special police officers arrive at the scene after an explosion occurred in Ansbach, Germany A Syrian man who failed to get asylum in Germany pledged allegiance to the head of the Islamic State terror group in a video before he blew himself up near an open-air music festival in southern Germany, wounding 12 other people, Bavaria’s top security official announced Monday. According to an initial translation of the Arabiclanguage video found on the bomber’s phone, the 27-year-old man announced a “revenge” attack against Germany, according to the official, Joachim Herrmann. He told reporters the video strongly suggested the bombing was a “terrorist attack.” (Germany was struck by yet another attack late Sunday when a refugee who had been denied asylum in the country blew himself up, Reuters reported. Courtesy of TomoNews US and YouTube) The bomber was to be deported to Bulgaria because he had submitted his first asylum request in that country, Plate added. He said Syrians can’t be deported directly to Syria because of the situation there. The blast on Sunday was the fourth attack to shake Germany in a week — three of them carried out by recent immigrants. The 27-year-old set off explosives he was carrying in a backpack at a bar shortly after 10 p.m. Sunday, having been refused entry to the festival in the southern