Lions StateMag 24

The Lighthouse was the dream of a blind man, Atlanta Lions Club member Tom Bingham. In 1949, the Atlanta Lions Club led by Bingham, along with Moultrie and Albany Lions, each contributed $1,000, and the Lighthouse was born. Since then, Lions Clubs have served as the cornerstone of the organization and maintain a vital role in the growth and reach of our mission: to create a better Georgia by bringing individuals into a world of sight and sound. Together we continue to set the standard for service and equal access vision and hearing care for Georgians in need. In the last year, we have served more people than ever before, providing vision and hearing care to over 7,000 people of all ages. With the help of our collaborative network of partners throughout the state, we are committed to meet a growing need for comprehensive vision and hearing care throughout the state. Go to this web site if it is still up = archive.11alive.com/atlanta_and_company_story.aspx?storyid=326164 PLEASE – Presidents/Secretaries = send in the name of your Club and the Name and Email address only of all club members who have DSL so we can send the StateMag to each of those members. Send to edmclionh@bellsouth.net or lionga@bellsouth.net